Are you having difficulty making a decision?
If you haven’t read my previous post on why some decisions are difficult to make then read this post about decision making here.
Firstly, let’s look at how you try and think about the decision differently, this will be about you doing the work…..
• Write down what the decision is
• Write down all the different outcomes that could change depending on the what your decision/action is
• How will your life look depending on the decision/action that you wish to take?
Is this positive? Negative?
• What are the long-term and short-term implications of the decision/action?
• Who will it affect and how?
• Who do you need to support you through this?
Now that you have stepped back a little what are your thoughts about the decision that you were to make? Give yourself a little bit of time to think about the outcomes and how they feel, sleep on it, go for a walk, talk to someone you trust and see if this helps you make and act on the decision you wish to make. If you would like some coach specific input for making a decision let me know via the contact page here.