We all know about it, we all talk about it, but do we really do it?
Downtime or taking time for ourselves, RnR whatever you want to call it, is important and allowing time to take it is also important.
Our lives are busy and we are increasingly finding it hard to turn off the hum-drum of life with technology constantly with us, making us always contactable to someone.
Without rest and relaxation we do not give our bodies time to switch off the constant low level (or at times high level) stress hormone cortisol. This particular hormone makes it easier for us to continuously keep going. However, the downside to the chemicals elicited in our bodies when we are constantly switched on will wear us down from a physiological and psychological perspective.
Taking time out also allows us the space in our lives to do things that we want whether it be watching a movie, going for a walk in the park, play with our kids, look after ourselves is required to reset and recharge. What often happens when we do take this time away from the day-to-day aspects of our lives?
• We can access our creativity and problem solving abilities from a calm and relaxed state.
• We can re-charge our bodies from a physiological and psychological perspective.
• We can gain a fresh perspective from stepping away from all that we know on a day-to-day basis.
• We allow ourselves time away from the many roles and hats, which, many of us have.
• We learn to care for ourselves so that we can contribute to others.
When will you start considering how downtime can serve you? And, when will you commit to making time for it?
Let me know if you would like some more information on this topic email@example.com